Friday, November 28, 2014

My One Christmas Wish










I have been taking many trips down memory lane lately. After some thought I realize, "if only" any survivor of abuse or anyone living it, could have peace in their hearts and minds - that would be my one Christmas wish.


I used "if only", which for me are words I often heard from him.  If only... If only...  If only and only you. 


Sometimes it was "only you" as if no one else could possibly do the stupid things he claimed I did, or make the mistakes and human errors I inevitably would.  Never misplace something or there was hell to pay.  Never do something he considered unacceptable, or the condescending words would flow freely from his mouth.


For those of you who know no peace, my heart goes out to you.  For those like me who still relive or replay an abusers' words in their minds, my heart goes out to you too.


I know that for many, the giving of Christmas gifts is a wish and a prayer.  I understand that also, and it's the spirit of the mind and soul that make the season what it is.

Imagine one day of peace in the world and in every home.


That is my Christmas wish for you.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for this to be interactive. I welcome your comments.