Friday, August 29, 2014

Not All Wounds Are Visible





     One evening as we were watching TV in bed, he brought up an ex who he claimed had physically assaulted him.  He started talking about their altercations when he looked at me and said, "If I ever want to hit a woman, I know how to make it look like she hit me first."  He went on to tell me that he would do something to himself and blame her.  I suppose this may have been considered a threat or possibly a warning.

     Alina an ex I had contacted shared virtually the same story.  We both  wondered why we had let him stay.  That was a profound moment for me and I'll never forget it.  It says a lot about his character or lack thereof.  I know I was baffled by what he said and I should have heeded the warning.  Instead I didn't listen to that nagging voice in the back of my mind and I remained the eternal optimist.
     He would later throw things at me in anger  and claim it didn't count because after all, they had only been small things.

RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for this to be interactive. I welcome your comments.