Thursday, September 4, 2014

Arms Wide Open





Every day I sit and plunk away at my keyboard attempting to put into writing a part of my life that's an anomaly.  Some days the flow of words escapes me and I step away from the memories, walk out my back door and enjoy the feel of the sunshine as it spills over me.

Forty some thousand words and remembering doesn't come without its share of pain, however, this too shall pass. I haven't shed a tear in over two months.  That's progress and the tears that were shed, were born of frustration and not of missing him.  Sadly, I don't miss him at all.

Today I simply enjoyed my new life and the time I have to myself without the dread and memories.  I am thankful for every moment of peace that has been given to me.  I greet each day with my arms wide open in celebration of what's in front of me.

Love and peace

2 comments:

  1. It is a lot to grieve, process and heal. You're doing a beautiful job of being gentle with yourself, there is a reason they call it 'grief work'. Blessings, Love & Peace, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. One day I hope that every person has an awareness on some level and that no one suffers at the "mouth" of someone like him.

      Pouvons nous nous sentons tous l'amour et peuvent ils s'étouffer avec leurs mots en colère.

      I hope that's right!

      Translation
      May we all feel love and may they choke on their angry words.

      Delete

I would love for this to be interactive. I welcome your comments.