Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Attempting Extraction





I have experienced much drama in my attempts to disengage from my abuser/narcissist.  He has made it almost impossible to extract him fully from my life.  He holds on to my family members that he had little to do with prior to his removal from mine.  I consider him a malignancy that has enveloped what he sees as fodder for his ego.  He has bypassed me and my attempts to completely eliminate him.  He strives to infiltrate my life as much as possible.


They put a vast amount of energy into creating the perfect façade.  To those on the outside he is invariably successful in leading them to believe he is amazing.  His appeal and charm are his performance for his public audience.  His chameleon like persona is an essential  tool in his bag of tricks. 
There have been occasions that I found myself attempting to convey to another person what he has done to me.  Unless they have lived it, it's rarely a successful endeavor.  I'm almost certain it has had the opposite effect at times and has left people scratching their heads in wonder.  After all, who could behave in the manner that I describe?  I can answer that question in one word,  a #narcissist. The man whose smile never quite reached his eyes.  The man who learned to portray himself as a victim as a ploy to tempt new and unsuspecting women into worship. 


Why would I stay with such a man if he were so incredibly awful to me?  In part self doubt and my thought processes weren't what they had been at the beginning.  First he captured my heart and later, consumed my mind.  It's a sick game that one can never win.  They don't love you, but strive to feed off of you in their endless quest for their narcissist supply. 






2 comments:

  1. You just told my life story for the last 16 years! My husband left in September 2014. This is my exact story. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love for this to be interactive. I welcome your comments.